CUMU 25th Annual Conference, Philadelphia, October 21-23
This year’s conference theme, All In: The Urban Mission, is perfect for Philadelphia. Our local member institutions are national leaders in fully adopting and integrating the urban mission. To highlight this work, we are offering community experiences and deep dive workshops that showcase the people, neighborhoods, and programs where our Philly-based members are engaged.
Deep Dive Workshops:
- What Anchor Institutions Need to Know about Real Estate: Insights and Best Practices for Creating a Real Estate Plan Presented by Drexel University and University of Pennsylvania
- Measuring Community Capacity and Hyperlocal Community Engagement Presented by CUMU and University of Pittsburgh
- The Dornsife Center: From Idea to National Model for Local Partnerships Hosted by Drexel University
- Camden Rising: A Symbol of Promise Hosted by Rutgers University–Camden
- Community/University Partnerships: Collective Impact on Workforce Development in North Philadelphia Hosted by Temple University
- Netter Center for Community Partnerships and the West Philadelphia Cultural Alliance Hosted by University of Pennsylvania
NOTE: Each deep dive workshop and community experience will take place Monday, October 21, 8 a.m.–12 p.m. before any session begins. Seating is limited. These are offered at no additional cost to conference attendees. However, a separate registration is required that will open in September.
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Invitation to Apply: Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow – $250 Award – Sep 21
- Webinar: Back to School: Perspectives From the American Public on Postsecondary Education – Aug 12
- Online Course: Community Engagement in Higher Education – Aug 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.