Cuba Conference: Universities as Anchors in Sustaining Community and Economic Development
ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND MEETING IN CUBA
November 3-11, 2018
Universities as Anchors in Sustaining Community and Economic Development
Third Annual Conference and Meeting of the Rutgers Cuba Collaboration in Varadero, Cuba, followed by project visits to Matanzas, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, and Havana. The conference builds on the past three years of research and collaboration between scholars from Rutgers University and the University of Havana, with the following workshops and seminars:
- The Role of Universities in Impacting Global Wellness
- Best Practices in Community Development in Rebuilding Cuba and the U.S. Economy
- Mental Health Shared Learning and Digital Narratives
- Poverty and Social Policy in Cuba: Addressing the Challenges of Social and Economic Change
- Models for a Sustainable Economy in the U.S. and Cuba
- Roundtable on STEM based Innovation: Environment, Agriculture, and Information Technology
- People and Place: Art as an Engine for Community and Economic Development
- Relationships and Constitutional Process in the United States and Cuba
Featured Speaker: Dr. Eusebio Leal Spengler, Historian, City of Havana
Sponsors: Rutgers University, University of Havana, University College of San Gerónimo, Faculty of Latin American Social Sciences (FLACSO), Institute of International Education (IIE)
Dr. Gloria Bonilla-Santiago
COST AND APPLICATION
Conference Fee (All Inclusive): $3,000 per person, which includes:
- Round-Trip Airfare from New York to Havana
- Visa Application
- Visit to Matanzas, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, and Havana
- Hotels, Meals, and Local Transportation
- Travel Insurance
Applications and payments should be sent directly to Marazul Tours, Inc. Below are copies of the paper applications and credit card authorization forms. Please complete each form accurately and completely and send to the address listed with a copy of your passport.
A minimum payment of $1,500 is due with the initial application. Full payment of $3,000 is due to complete registration.
Marazul Application: https://clc.camden.rutgers.edu/files/MarazulTravelApplication-1.docx
Credit Card Authorization Form: https://dept.camden.rutgers.edu/clc/files/CubaMarazulCreditCardAuthorization.docx
Visit https://clc.camden.rutgers.edu/conference-in-cuba-2018/ for preliminary conference schedule.
CALL FOR POSTERS
Students and faculty are invited to create posters on their field of research to present at a poster session on Sunday, November 4 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Posters can be either 24” x 36” (61 cm x 91 cm) or 36” x 48” (91 cm x 122 cm). It is recommended that they be cloth material for easy carry and storage for travel.
Visit http://clc.camden.rutgers.edu for a sample poster.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.