Cross-Cultural Facilitation Skills
Posted by Stir Fry Seminars on May 21, 2019
Facilitated by Lee Mun Wah & Rainbow Markell
Two sessions to choose from:
OR July 17-21
Quan Yin Training Center
2311 8th Street, Berkeley, CA
Facilitating a group with many cross-cultural perspectives and experiences requires a keen understanding and knowledge of how cultural differences can impact group dynamics, relationships and their sense of safety.
In this unique training, Lee Mun Wah will guide each participant through a series of exercises and mindful techniques that will enhance their understanding of the impact of culture on relationships, conflictual cultural situations, as well as how to develop a deeper and more authentic sense of community and openness within diverse groups.
Participants will explore their perception and attitudes about diversity issues through the use of films, books, vignettes and personal stories.
They will learn to:
- Notice the impact and intent of all our communications and actions
- Discover the importance of curiosity as a mediation tool
- Make use of non-verbal communications
- Use Mindful Techniques to de-escalate a conflict within minutes
- Ask 26 culturally-sensitive questions that create safety and trust
Download the registration form HERE
For More Information: 510.204.8840 ext. 103 or
- The Other Swing Voter: Visioning Forward Virtual Convening – Sep 30
- Call For Abstracts: Global Health & Innovation Conference, a Virtual Event – Sep 30
- PANO Collaborative Conference – Oct 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.