C.R.I.B. Residence Presence Position, Hopeworks ‘N Camden
Posted by on May 10, 2010
HOPEWORKS ‘N CAMDEN
If you meet the requirements for this job please e-mail a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Innovative and successful youth development organization in Camden, NJ is seeking an individual who will provide an overnight presence for our new residential program – the C.R.I.B. (Community Responding In Belief).
Hopeworks mission is to empower youth to identify and develop their D.R.E.A.M.S. – (Dynamic Realizable Efforts to Attain and Maintain Success) and to own their future. Hopeworks accomplishes this mission through a multi – part program that includes:
· A technology training program that trains youth to develop the skills needed to work for Hopeworks in their Web or GIS businesses.
· Two non-profit businesses that generate revenue and provide trainees with opportunities to work on real client projects as part of their training: Web Site Development and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
· A comprehensive and trainee-centered literacy program designed to help youth overcome previous inhibitions to academic success and equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to finish high school or pass the GED and then move on to college.
· A comprehensive formation program that works with each trainee to develop individual D.R.E.A.M.S. Plans (Dynamic Realizable Efforts to Attain and Maintain Success)
· The C.R.I.B. (Community Responding In Belief), a residential program for youth who have earned a job at Hopeworks and who are attending college.
C.R.I.B. (Community Responding In Belief) Residence Presence
C.R.I.B. Residence Presence
This individual is responsible to maintain a presence in the C.R.I.B. between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. In the case of an emergency the Overnight Staff person will notify the Director of Operations and other Hopeworks staff as necessary and will make sure that all necessary emergency responders have been notified.
• The C.R.I.B. Residence Presence is responsible for the peace and security of the C.R.I.B. from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m Sunday through Friday. He or she ensures that all youth are in house and accounted for at curfew and that security is set.
• The C.R.I.B. Residence Presence lives at the C.R.I.B. on the second floor in a provided two room suite.
• In the case of an emergency the The C.R.I.B. Residence Presence will notify the Director of Operations and other Hopeworks staff as necessary and will make sure that all necessary emergency responders have been notified.
• Must understand all employee policies and procedures as set forth in the Hopeworks Personnel Handbook.
• Must complete an orientation and training.
• Room and board
543 State Street
Camden, NJ 08102
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Better Tomorrows: Director of Fund Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.