CRIB Residence Presence, Hopeworks ‘n Camden
Posted by Hopeworks 'n Camden on June 26, 2017
Hopeworks ‘N Camden is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization founded in 2000 in Camden, NJ.
Our vision is healing communities by creating safe pathways through which we own our histories and discover new choices. We do this by using education, technology and entrepreneurship to partner with young men and women of Camden, NJ, as they identify and earn a sustainable future. Together we seize the opportunity to heal and thrive in the midst of violence and poverty. Our trainees have gone on to get jobs, attend colleges, and earn GEDs. They have developed Websites for more than 400 paying clients, served over 60 clients via our GIS business, and developed lasting partnerships with dozens of different organizations.
The Community Responding in Belief (C.R.I.B) is a residential community for college students who have earned a job at Hopeworks, or college students who demonstrate responsibility in the workforce, and are also a student pursuing a degree at an accredited college or University. The C.R.I.B. is a community of success where college students live together, share meals, and all believe in furthering their higher education goals.
Position & Responsibilities
There are three C.R.I.B. Residence Presence positions. The presence positions are responsible for partnering with one another to maintain a consistent presence in the C.R.I.B. Each presence will be responsible for maintaining an active presence in the community one weekday evening a week and overnight every other weekday night. Weekend coverage (Friday-Sunday) will be alternated between the two staff members.
- Living at the C.R.I.B. in the provided room.
- Being responsible for the peace and security of the C.R.I.B. and ensuring that all youth are in the house and accounted for at curfew and that security is set when scheduled.
- Being present during all scheduled duty times and completing all assigned tasks
- Attending weekly community meeting with C.R.I.B. Residents and C.R.I.B. Program Manager. Meetings will be scheduled by all community members in agreement with one another.
- Participating in a monthly meeting for creating solutions between all residents and program staff.
- Assisting with grocery shopping on a weekly basis.
- Actively creating community activities with youth and the community during Friday evenings when present at the C.R.I.B. (i.e. Game Nights, Movie nights)
- Considering themselves a member of the C.R.I.B. Community and participating in community activities as agreed upon.
- Must be able to understand and uphold all policies of the C.R.I.B. Handbook, and serve as a positive role model for C.R.I.B. Youth.
- In the case of an emergency, notifying the Director of Operations, and other Hopeworks staff as necessary and will make sure that all necessary emergency responders have been notified. Must understand and implement house emergency procedures (i.e. evacuation plan during household fire).
- Understanding all employee policies and procedures as set forth in the Hopeworks Personnel Handbook.
Completing a comprehensive orientation and training.
- Must have a passion for youth development and community living
- Have basic computer skills
- Must be have a minimum of an associate’s degree, or a junior or senior at a four year college, or a college graduate
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn about trauma informed care and to use those skills in daily interactions with youth
- Room and Board
- Opportunity to earn free graduate credits at St. Joseph’s University
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Better Tomorrows: Director of Fund Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.