C.R.I.B. Program Manager, Hopeworks ‘N Camden
Posted by on May 10, 2010
C.R.I.B. (Community Responding In Belief) PROGRAM MANAGER
The C.R.I.B. Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of the C.R.I.B. program including supervising and supporting participants, intake and outtake of participants, planning and implementing programs and maintaining the C.R.I.B. building. The C.R.I.B. Program Manager is responsible for facilitating and directing the house on a daily basis, providing support, guidance, and direction to youth. The C.R.I.B. Program Manager works with the DREAMS of the youth, empowering them to work their DREAMS Plans in order to achieve their goals.
The goals for C.R.I.B. Program Manager are;
Each C.R.I.B. Trainee earns a C or better in each college class
Each C.R.I.B. Trainee successfully meets their job requirements at Hopeworks
Each trainee successfully maintains a monthly budget
Each trainee successfully completes one corporate internship
Each trainee successfully transitions to school and / or an independent living situation.
Each trainee participates fully in C.R.I.B. meetings, chores and house tasks
Meet individually once a week with each trainee
C.R.I.B. Trainees meet as a group once a week
C.R.I.B. program runs within budget
C.R.I.B. facility is clean and maintained in excellent condition
Volunteer program runs at capacity
Supervises and schedules other part- time C.R.I.B. Staff
Specific tasks include:
• Work with Hopeworks youth, staff and others to establish C.R.I.B. policies, procedures and house rules.
• Establish intake policy and orientation process for new trainees.
• Establish C.R.I.B. Participant agreement – (contract for C.R.I.B. participation)
• Establish and implement daily schedule for CRIB to include school time, Hopeworks jobs, internships, Literacy and Formation, C.R.I.B. chores, study time, and individual and group programs.
• Meet with each youth individually once per week to go over DREAMS Plans, discuss issues and work on solutions.
• Work with youth around life skills such as budgeting, cooking, laundry, shopping, and community living.
• Plan and implement C.R.I.B. group meetings once per week during which the community will discuss, and if needed, resolve, personal and communal hopes, problems, and concerns.
• Plan and implement other meetings for youth by outside service providers focusing on issues including budgeting, leadership, conflict management, group dynamics, goal setting etc…
• Provide academic support, i.e. one-on-one assistance during study hall and communicate when necessary with faculty and/or academic advisers at college
• Enter all relevant trainee and program data in Salesforce on a daily basis. Run reports and dashboards to help analyze data and evaluate program
• Coordinate weekly grocery shopping and errands
• Establish intake and orientation process for new participants
• Work with Hopeworks Formation Director to implement corporate internships
• Establish procedure and policies for transition to independent living following a trainee’s time at the Hopeworks.
• Recruit, train and schedule a volunteer team to assist with literacy
• Manage part time C.R.I.B. staff insuring 24-7 coverage of facility
• Maintain C.R.I.B. Facility insuring that it is clean, that regular maintenance is performed, all grounds are kept up.
Other Job tasks include:
◦ Researching and writing grants for Hopeworks and the C.R.I.B. on a weekly basis
◦ Help to maintain occupancy levels at Hopeworks through networking, communicating and recruiting new youth
If you meet the requirements for this job please e-mail a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Staff Director of Intergroup Dialogue Program (full-time)
- Chief Marketing Officer, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS)
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.