Creating Equitable Food Systems with the Healthy Food Financing Initiative
Posted by PolicyLink on June 1, 2015
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
11 a.m. – 12 p.m. PST / 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
Across the country innovative projects and policies are creating a more robust and equitable food system that provides access to healthy food, creates quality jobs, and strengthens local economies. These efforts are looking beyond the grocery store and thinking about sourcing local food, supporting local farmers, growing entrepreneurs, and creating new distribution systems.
This webinar will highlight how healthy food projects supported by the Healthy Food Financing Initiative (HFFI) are better connecting regional agriculture to local consumers. Experts will discuss challenges and share best practices for leveraging financial and community-powered resources to ensure equitable and healthy regional food systems.
Speakers will include:
- Allison Hagey, Associate Director, PolicyLink (moderator)
- Liberty Canzater, President/Founder, The Butterfly Foundation
- John Flory, Special Projects Director, Latino Economic Development Center
- Dave Johnson, Food Hub Manager, NEDCO
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Youth Service America: Take the ServiceVote Challenge
- Virtual Experience for Nonprofits: Using Data to Protect, Secure and Better Your Organization – Sep 2
- Online Course: Community Engagement in Higher Education – Aug 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.