COVID-19 Operations Support Supervisor, City of Philadelphia
Posted by City of Philadelphia on June 23, 2020
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) works to mitigate, plan, and prepare for emergencies; educate the public about preparedness; coordinate emergency response and recovery efforts; and develop tools and identify resources to support the overall preparedness of the City of Philadelphia.
Multiple positions will be filled from this posting. A COVID Operations Support Supervisor with OEM will fill many critical roles that require a team-oriented hands-on solution. Operations Support Supervisors manage the daily tasks of Operations Support Workers. Operations Support Workers will operate equipment, manage supply caches, deliver goods, clean equipment, and dispatch various field services. Work locations may include the Citys Isolation and Quarantine sites, the Medical Examiners Office, the Disaster Logistics Site, or transporting people and items in the field.
Support Workers and Supervisors with and without special certifications or licenses will perform many physical tasks. The job requires a highly motivated, team-oriented individual who can lift, lower, and slide up to 70 pounds. Candidates with commercial drivers licenses, forklift certification, experience performing parcel delivery, working in a warehouse, or transporting people are highly desired.
- Supervises 3 – 5 staff of COVID Operational Support Workers
- Supports City COVID operations by helping to develop strategies and timelines for implementation of services including: critical supply distribution, transportation of people, and sanitization of equipment and facilities
- Tasks include:
- Loads and unloads heavy material from trucks and vans
- Moves or aids in moving heavy boxes or equipment and large and bulky objects
- Transfers descendants from transportation vehicles to storage areas
- Drives delivery vehicles (box trucks and vans)
- Drives passenger vehicles (vans)
- Serves as dispatch coordinator for transportation operations
- Provide services within written guidelines, utilizing approved safety practices
- Works outside, nights, and weekends
- Fulfills Disaster Logistics Site roles during COVID-19 activations, including nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Building Hero Project Manager
- Kitchen Manager, People’s Emergency Center
- National Procurement Director, Resources for Human Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.