Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations
COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program
We’re pleased to share some good news with you! Philadelphia is launching a COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (https://phlrentassist.org/). This program aims to help people who have lost income because of COVID-19 pay their rent. It makes payments directly to landlords.
The City will begin accepting applications on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 10 a.m. The deadline to apply is Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 5 p.m.
A Few Important Points
- Funding is limited. Not every applicant will receive assistance.
- All selected tenants will receive rent assistance for up to three consecutive months for up to $2,500 total. If funding permits, the City will try to provide ongoing assistance for up to a year for renters who still need help after three months.
- Assistance is limited to $2,500 per three-month period.
- Must rent an apartment or house in Philadelphia
- Must have a valid and current written lease signed by your landlord
- Must have lost income because of COVID-19
- Meet Income Guidelines (Apply to income before the COVID-19 related loss)
- Philadelphians who live in public housing, receive other government rental assistance, have unpaid rent from before April, or are in the process of being evicted are not eligible for this program.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.