Coordinator of High School Programs, Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Posted by Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation on April 16, 2018
The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation uses the sport of hockey to foster academic and personal excellence among at-risk students in Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. General responsibilities include developing, coordinating, supervising, and conducting all Postsecondary preparation programs of the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation. Must provide/obtain Pennsylvania School/Child Abuse clearance; appointments are conditional on successful completion of background checks.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Education, Counseling, Social Work or related major preferred.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments at a variety of locations. Ability to perform in high profile fast paced environments.
• The position requires strong problem solving skills, and candidates should be highly motivated to learn, research, and collaborate with Education staff.
• Demonstrated experience working with youth aged 13-21, especially in educational or professional pursuits.
• Candidates must be committed to the importance of education in helping young people be successful in life.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following
• The primary function of this position is to support the development, coordination, and delivery of Snider Hockey’s Postsecondary programs for 9th-12th grade students,
• Coordinate and supervise all High School Postsecondary programs including personal and professional development workshops; academic development and support; social networking; college/career exploration and application; test preparation; and financial aid.
• Develop and coordinate communications about Snider Hockey programs for distribution to students, their families, and other stakeholders through various outlets. The ability to produce and communicate clear and meaningful curricula, appropriate for various ages and backgrounds, is critical.
• Develop, coordinate, and maintain positive relationships with potential Postsecondary partners, schools, students, and other stakeholders. Familiarity with local colleges and universities, especially student support resources, will be essential to success in this role.
• Identify, recruit, and supervise necessary staff resources, including interns, volunteers, and career employees. Coordinate, supervise, and conduct tasks related to support functions such as payroll, finance, development, risk management, and human resources.
• Frequent travel within the Greater Philadelphia/South Jersey area is required. Flexible work schedule and ability to work weekends is required
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Better Tomorrows: Director of Fund Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.