Coordinator of Civic and Community Engagement, Montgomery County Comm College
Posted by on November 17, 2008
Montgomery County Community College
Notice of Position Vacancy
COORDINATOR OF CIVIC AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
The Coordinator of Civic and Community Engagement coordinates educational and developmental opportunities for students through direct service, community advocacy, and activism. Work closely with student organizations and implement co-curricular community service programs and with Academic Affairs to support faculty in implementing curricular service learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate direct service programs and community awareness educational programs around themes (for example local and global poverty, hunger and homelessness, cancer awareness, etc.).
• Develop and coordinate partnerships with community organizations for co-curricular community service programs. Assist in matching community organizations with faculty interested in incorporating service learning into the curriculum.
• Work closely with student government, student organizations, and Academic Affairs to develop civic engagement opportunities. Coordinate voter registration drives and non-partisan awareness activities to encourage students to be engaged in local, state, and national elections and issues.
• Establish and maintain a current clearinghouse of resources for service learning. In coordination with the Center for Teaching and Learning, create professional development opportunities for faculty on service learning.
• Coordinate and chaperone the Alternative Spring Break program.
• Develop and maintain a system for tracking student involvement in community service.
• Plan and implement recognition and awards programs for students involved in community service.
• Assist with the implementation of student leadership development programs and college-wide educational, multicultural, and community-building programs.
• Coordinate college participation in Campus Compact and the Philadelphia Higher Education Network for Neighborhood Development.
• Coordinate the college-wide USA Today Collegiate Readership Program.
• Work with the Grants Development Office and faculty on writing and submitting grant proposals related to community service and civic engagement opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years of service learning, or social services.
• Excellent administrative, oral and written and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in community volunteer work, both coordinating other volunteers and with providing direct service.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Internet, email, database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit resume & cover letter plus the downloaded Application Form and Self Identification Form from our website at http://www.mc3.edu under “Employment.” Methods of submission include email to firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX to 215-619-7166, or mail to Office of Human Resources, CH 201, Montgomery County Community College, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422.
POSTING DATE: October 31, 2008
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 28, 2008
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
- City Homeless Office Offers Youth Internship
- Learning Pod and Resource Center: Educators Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.