La Salle University
Coordinator, La Salle Summer Camp (Temporary)
The La Salle Summer Camp Coordinator is responsible for managing the La Salle Summer Camp and Education Practicum experience at La Salle University. This is a temporary position with the primary hours and responsibilities taking place in the summer months of June and July. The Coordinator reports to the Chair and Graduate Director of the Education Department.
Work will be full-time for 8 weeks in June and July and 40-60 hours each semester promoting, marketing, and planning for camp.
• Manage the La Salle Summer Camp at La Salle University campus which consists primarily of the Education Department Practicum experience;
• Liaise and collaborate with Education, Athletics, Nutrition, Nursing, and other departments at La Salle University in addition to outside partners in order to plan and implement the camp and aftercare/enrichment programs;
• Co-construct camp theme(s) and liaise with all stakeholders regarding camp curriculum.
• Attend meetings virtually or on-site with La Salle faculty and staff as needed August-May to plan for summer camp;
• Develop appropriate transitions between the camp, enrichment, and aftercare;
• Lead and implement marketing strategy for camp;
• Collaborate with the Education Department and other relevant La Salle University offices to plan and manage the camp budget including the collection of payments and updating registration and budget logs;
• Field phone calls from prospective parents/families and facilitating enrollment;
• Develop and carry out outreach and strategic partnerships with schools, corporations, and community organizations in order to facilitate and manage the camp including craft and distribute marketing materials, correspond with school districts, follow up on registration, and monitor camp funds and funding needs;
• Be on-site and available to manage the camp during June and July;
• Monitor camp attendance, including campers, practicum faculty and staff, and other La Salle and community partners participating.
• Work professionally and effectively with all stakeholders;
• Effectively use relevant office technology including Microsoft Office and communication technologies such as email and course management platforms.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.