African Family Health Organization
Coordinator, Health & Social Services, African Family Health Organization
The African Family Health Organization (AFAHO), a community-based, non-profit organization serving African and Caribbean immigrants and refugees in the greater Philadelphia area is seeking an experienced Coordinator of Health & Social Service Programs to direct and deliver culturally appropriate health and social services to our target population. The successful candidate will be a team player who is highly organized; comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment; flexible; self-motivated; responsive to deadlines and has great verbal and written communication skills.
- Engage African and Caribbean immigrant/refugee community members, partner organizations, and advocates around the issues of health and social services for immigrant/refugee families.
- Build a coalition, conduct community assessments, and develop and implement a community action plan.
- Develop, identify, and/or adapt appropriate curricula, educational activities, and counseling models for use during educational activities.
- Establish goals for programs and projects and timelines for achieving them
- Initiate and maintain relationships with medical and human service providers and other immigrant/refugee serving organizations throughout the region
- Facilitate educational events during workshop presentations, health forums and other venues for target group
- Develop, revise, and update program related information for organization’s website and social media outlets
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual data and narrative reporting for programs
- Organize, facilitate and coordinate program related events
- Participate in organizations’ marketing and public relations activities
- Supervise outreach staff and interns
- Assist in preparing grant proposals
- As necessary, represent AFAHO during meetings, event and other forums
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Public Health required
- Minimum two years public health or social service work experience
- Excellent oral, group facilitation, and written communication skills; excellent computer skills
- Ability to work with diverse staff as well as a strong commitment to supporting the collective efforts of the team in accomplishing program objectives and goals.
- Experience mobilizing communities and building coalitions around health and social issues
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Significant program coordinating/management experience
- Grant writing and reporting experience required
- Supervisory skills necessary
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.