Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
Cool Jobs Program Coordinator, Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
We have a four-month special project for a terrific person coordinating our signature educational program, Cool Jobs Expo. An annual initiative introducing young teens to highly successful, fully-employed people with jobs in the creative economy, Cool Jobs Expo runs three-days March 20, 21 and 22nd. The Program Coordinator will start January 2 to help the Fresh Artists team organize the presenters, work with attending schools and generally run the program for four months, through wrap-up. Fresh Artists believes “some people cross your path and change your whole direction”. Most kids don’t have a lot of professional designers, art conservators, architects or puppeteers cross their path. Cool Jobs makes this happen…with the goal of altering the trajectory of Philadelphia public school kids, many of whom are in peril of dropping out of school. We introduce kids to people who have jobs they never heard of…jobs to love for life!
Fresh Artists is an award-winning small nonprofit empowering young people as philanthropists. It was founded in 2008 as a solution to address the massive funding cuts experienced by Philadelphia public schools. Fresh Artists designed a unique way to fill empty supplies shelves. Engage the children by curating a digital collection of strong K-12 children’s art that will “come off the fridge and go to work” to deliver quality art supplies to schools in need. Children donate digital images. Businesses may choose high-resolution, scaled up reproductions of their artwork as thank-you gifts for financial donations. These funds deliver art supplies and innovative art programs to back into schools in need. It’s a unique circle of giving where children’s art fulfills a corporate facilities need.
Our Cool Jobs candidate must like to work with and respect young teens. Our ideal candidate is a positive, creative self-starter with experience in planning and implementing events, programs, or activities; is an effective communicator with a keen attention to detail and strong proactive organizational skills; The ideal candidate can effectively and happily work with or without a team. This position is for a person who can both take direction and take initiative. A master scheduler, who enjoys keeping track of lots of moving pieces. A clear and cheerful communicator. Able to work in an ultra-busy environment; flexible and adaptable to change. Punctuality is essential as well as a warm, friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
Cool Jobs Program Coordinator is a temporary, full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director, and in close collaboration with three other staff members, will be responsible for the following, and other related duties as needed:
- Contact and manage the volunteers, presenters and visiting school relationships for scheduling, agreements, load in and out
- Scheduling buses
- Helping with volunteer orientations
- Coordinating with Creative Director for graphics production
- Coordinating with Studio Manager to manage the program assessment project and any vendor payments
- Responsible for Expo day set ups – organize, Set up, switch out, and take down presenter booths and graphics
- Keep all files and schedule boards current
- Help with Wrap Up meetings and documentation for next year’s program
Additional qualifications include:
- Knowledge, comfort and commitment to the values and mission of Fresh Artists
- Ability to be flexible with morning, evening and long hours, particularly during Expo week
- Ability to work off-site
- Experience working with the business community
- Familiarity with Mac computers, WORD, Excel, Mail Chimp
- Basic graphic design skills in Photoshop and Illustration are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Having PA Child Abuse History Clearance & FBI fingerprinting is a plus
- Own and drive a car and have a clear driving history (will be reimbursed for mileage)
Full time, Four Month Temporary Project
January 2 – April 30, 2018
Salaried Employee: 40 hours/week, M-F, 9 am – 5:00 pm, ½ hour lunch
All staff holidays, no benefits
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.