Youth Conversations on Safety and Policing in the Kennsington & Fairhill Communities – Mar 22
Posted by We CAN Collaborative on March 9, 2021
The We CAN Collaborative (HACE, Impact, and NKCDC) has been working together to address crime and safety in the Kensington and Fairhill neighborhoods through relationship and community building. As part of this initiative, we are hosting a series of dialogues with youth in the community to learn more about their experiences with police and safety in the neighborhood. We are working with a team from Creative Praxis to facilitate these conversations, which promise to be thoughtful, creative, and powerful.
- Is a youth between the ages of 14 and 24
- Lives or learns in the Kensington or Eastern North Philadelphia neighborhoods (or has some meaningful connection to the neighborhood)
- Wants to unpack their experiences with safety and police in the community in a conversation on Zoom
- Is possibly interested in participating in follow-up conversations to develop recommendations to address the issues identified during the initial sessions
- Will be compensated $25 per 2 hour session with a Target gift card
Interested in participating? Register here.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- The Evolution of the Racism Sequence, Speaker Series – Apr 20
- Change the Subject: A documentary film and discussion – Apr 14
- Family Literacy Program, May 17 – July 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.