Convergence of Childhood Obesity and Hunger: A Forum for Response
Posted by Cabrini College on December 15, 2014
Friday, February 20, 2015 • 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. • Cabrini College
This one-day symposium at Cabrini College will address the importance of connecting childhood obesity and hunger—two leading public health issues in the nation—in order to solve them.
Learn about national trends, foster inter-professional collaboration, and identify potential curricular strategies, programming, opportunities for research, service and careers that integrate both childhood obesity and hunger.
Topics include food policy, childhood obesity, food security, and food waste. Hear from national and regional speakers, including:
• Steven M. Finn, Managing Director and Co-founder of ResponsEcology
• Sandra Hassink, M.D., Chair of the Advisory Committee for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Institute for Healthy Childhood Weight and Director of the Nemours Pediatric Obesity Initiative
• Solomon Katz, Ph.D., Director of the W.M. Krogman Center for Childhood Growth and Development
• Eric Mitchell, Director of Government Relations, Bread for the World
• Mary Pat Raimondi, RD, Vice President, Strategic Policy and Partnership, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
For more information contact Maria Elena Hallion, Ph.D., at 610-902-8388 or email@example.com.
Supported in part by The President Antoinette Iadarola Endowed Fund and The Leo and Peggy Pierce Family Foundation
Register now at http://www.cabrini.edu/childhealthforum
(light breakfast and lunch included):
$20 for students
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Scholar Exchange: Article I: How Congress Works – Dec 3
- Learn How PA Colleges Are Leading the Way on Clean Energy – Dec 3
- The Culture of Mentoring Virtual Workshop – Dec 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.