Consultant, Philanthropic Services, Rise for Boys and Men of Color
CONSULTANT, PHILANTHROPIC SERVICES, RISE FOR BOYS AND MEN OF COLOR
Reports to: Senior Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
(Deadline: August 12)
Equal Measure’s Focus and Team Approach
Equal Measure is a 20-person, $5 million nonprofit evaluation and philanthropic services firm based in Philadelphia. Established in 1988 as the OMG Center for Collaborative Learning, we have evolved into a growing professional services consulting firm focused on helping social sector stakeholders, including major private and community foundations, national and regional nonprofits, and government organizations, develop and implement impactful social change strategies. In our evaluation services, we help our clients achieve maximum reach and influence through practical insights from mixed-method, interdisciplinary approaches. We engage as thought partners with our clients, working together to solve today’s most pressing and wide-ranging social challenges, from educational and health disparities to systemic barriers to opportunity.
Our team of multi-disciplinary thought leaders – with backgrounds in education, economics, health, leadership, community management, and human capital – offers years of practical experience in evaluation, cross-sector partnerships, philanthropic services, nonprofit operations, and strategic communications. We are passionate about what we do, are collaborative in the way we do it, and have committed ourselves to complete integrity, continuous improvement, and intellectual truth and rigor in our work and guidance.
RISE is a three-year grant funded program. We are seeking an experienced project and program professional to join our team in this grant funded position. RISE is a national collaborative focused on improving the health, education, juvenile justice, and workforce development outcomes for boys and men of color. RISE is co-directed by Equal Measure and the Center for the Study of Race and Equity in Education at the University of Pennsylvania. Components and activities of the project include:
- Convening researchers, evaluators, policy makers, and community advocates for the purpose of sharing knowledge and developing collaborative relationships;
- Re-granting funds for research and evaluation to inform policy and practice;
- Developing a diverse network of stakeholders and creating strategic partnerships; and
- Building a virtual community of practice that will provide resources for researchers, evaluators, policy makers, practitioners, and community based organizations.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a motivated self-starter who exhibits a deep commitment to our mission of elevating insights that help shape investments and fuel sustainable social change;
- Possess project and programmatic experience in the social sector; and
- Have a proven track record of working with partners, funders, and colleagues in a consultative way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in preparing and writing memos, presentations, post convening summaries, and reports (including conducting literature searches and preparing charts and tables).
- Create and manage a database of RISE stakeholders.
- Assist with convening planning, post convening follow-up, logistics, implementation, and financial reporting follow-up, including processing invoices and reimbursements.
- Assist with grant making activities, including proposal development, application and review process, and reporting.
- Collect and maintain qualitative and quantitative project data, and conduct data analysis.
- Serve as a liaison between Equal Measure and the RISE staff at the University of Pennsylvania, Graduate School of Education’s, Center for the Study of Race and Equity in Education.
- Respond to and follow up on inquiries about the project, and interface with RISE partners as necessary.
- Arrange meetings with the RISE project funders, RISE co-director, and Equal Measure staff.
- Participate as an active member of organizational committees and contribute to thought leadership.
- Participate in and attend convenings and meetings.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.