Connecting Communities: Mobilizing Public-Private Partnerships to Rebuild Regional Economies – Nov 12
Posted by Connecting Communities on November 3, 2020
As regions across the country grapple with what it will take to re-stabilize and rebuild their economies, the COVID-19 crisis continues to make clear that our health, jobs and livelihoods are inextricably linked. What will it take to rebuild?
We can learn a lot from the experience of the 80+ regional partnerships that make up the national Next Generation Sector Partnership community of practice operating in 18 states around the country. “Next Gen” partnerships mobilize business leaders from a single industry sector in a shared regional economy to work with one another and with a coordinated team of public partners to strengthen their industry and their community.
This session will feature three Next Gen Sector Partnerships, based in Chicago, El Paso and Northern Colorado. Each are examples of how activating local manufacturing business leaders to tackle shared challenges can have a dramatic impact on the overall resiliency of an industry and its community.
- Lindsey Woolsey, Co-Principal, Institute for Networked Communities/Next Gen Sector Partnerships
- Northern Colorado Manufacturing Partnership — Sylvia Robinson, Communications & HR Program Manager, Tolmar and Board Chair, NoCO Manufacturing Partnership and Heidi Hostetter, Vice President, Faustson
- Calumet Manufacturing Industry Sector Partnership — Nancy Wilson, CEO, Morrison Container Handling Solutions and Kindy Kruller, Economic Development Program Manager, Cook County Bureau of Economic Development
- El Paso Manufacturing Sector Partnership — Jackie Butler, U.S. Director, Bio El Paso-Juarez and Jose Gerardo, Founder and President of General Labels & Printing LLC
- Elizabeth Sobel Blum, Senior Community Development Advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Matuschka Lindo Briggs, Director of Special Projects and Strategic Support, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (moderator)
Register for this session at the Connecting Communities® website. Participation is free, but preregistration is required.
Session Date: Thursday, November 12, 2020
Session Time: 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Awards for Excellence in Engaged Scholarship – Mar 26
- Webinar: Designing the Online Learning Experience – Mar 25
- Webinar: Preparing Students for Remote Learning and Assessing/Evaluating Student Learning in an Online Setting – Mar 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.