Community Resource Coordinator, Drexel University
VP University Community & Partnership are seeking a full-time Community Resource Coordinator for the large, cross-system US Department of Education-funded Promise Neighborhoods grant in West Philadelphia. The West Philadelphia Promise Neighborhood grant supports “cradle-to-career” opportunities for children living or going to school in the West Philadelphia Promise Neighborhood. The borders of the neighborhood are Girard Ave to the north, 48th Street to the west, Sansom Street to the south, and the Schuylkill River to the east. The project seeks to improve education, health and economic successes for children, their families and communities in the Promise Neighborhood.
- Conduct initial and ongoing systematic review of existing community resource to create list of relevant supportive resources for children 0-18 and families in, near, or serving the Promise Neighborhood.
- Conduct brief interviews with program directors and/or those conducting referrals to systematically collect information about hours of operation, costs, eligibility, services/programs provided, languages spoken, and contact information for referrals.
- Assist with input of resource information to the case management system for use for child/family case management and referral
- Seek and strengthen connections with Promise Neighborhood located referral hubs and case management programs to discuss collaboration, referral completion processes, and co-location.
- Seek and strengthen connections with clinical coordinators in 7 WPPN schools; coordinate school-community inventorying and referrals. Expand network of WPPN resources and providers.
- Support the outreach strategy to reach and support children and their families.
- Establish positive and trusting relationships with children and their families while providing general support and encouragement.
- Assess child and family needs and create plan for referrals. Connect children to WPPN resources to support educational, health, behavioral health, housing, safety, career/employment, and other positive child and family outcomes.
- Identify potential sources of insurance, assistance/benefits programs, or other financial support to access needed resources.
- Assist families with completing referrals, including calling resources, accompanying individuals to appointments, calling to ask about outcomes and need for further follow-up.
- Monitor child/family referrals completion, progress, and outcomes within the case management system.
- Maintain program documentation in a timely manner in the case management system
- Attend regular staff meetings, trainings and other meetings as requested.
- Share knowledge gained through child and family support services to inform program development and implementation with WPPN partners.
Learn more and apply: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/494439/community-resource-coordinator
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.