Montgomery County Community College
Community Engagement Graduate Assistant, Montgomery County Community College
Community Engagement Graduate Assistant
The Community Engagement Graduate Assistant will enhance the College’s efforts to engage students in civic and community-based volunteer opportunities. This position will work directly with student Rotaract club, as well as Central and West clubs and organizations that need support with meeting their mandatory club service requirements. This position requires some travel and working nights and weekends, on occasion.
• Provide college-wide support of key student service and civic engagement programs and events. These key events include the Student Leadership Retreat, Lasagna Dinner, Blood Drives, Lobby Day, Service Re-Wind, and the Dance for Life to name a few.
• Provide support for student organizations and Student Leadership and Involvement event coverage and planning for volunteer/fundraising-based programs.
• Maintain the service pages on the College’s Portal and Axis TV announcements with updated volunteer project information.
• Develop and lead monthly off-campus service project in partnership with the local Habitat for Humanity in Montgomery County in partnership with the College’s Rotaract Club.
• Support and attend all Rotaract club meetings and programming events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
A $1500.00 stipend will be paid at the conclusion of the graduate internship (minimum 300 hours)
Time Frame (fall or spring / prefer fall plus spring)
To Apply, send cover letter and resume to:
Student Leadership & Involvement
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.