Community Engagement Facilitator, Sayre Health Center
Posted by Sayre Health Center on September 28, 2015
Community Engagement Facilitator
Reports to: Social Health Director FLSA: Non-Exempt
Directly Supervises: None
Position Summary: Serves as the primary coordinator of Peer Health activities. Coordinates health promotion programming and outreach. Serves in a cross trained capacity for other tasks, as needed, in the health center.
- High school or GED equivalent required
- Experience in healthcare/social services/community organizing related field preferred. This can include paid or unpaid, volunteer or contracted work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of the significance of health promotion and patient education
- Experience working with diverse populations
The ideal candidate should be:
- Comfortable working in the community
- Comfortable working with patients across the age spectrum
- A self-starter
- A team player
- Willing to primarily work in community, outside of our office
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Education and Outreach
- Represent and promote Sayre Health Center at varied community events, meetings and activities
- Conduct weekly outreach and engagement events to promote SHC and community health
- Develops new relationships/partnerships with outside organizations, clinics, schools and programs
- Support and develop partnership with higher education partners and community programs
- Health Education outreach to local community groups, programs, churches, and centers, etc
- Prepares reports and notifications for dissemination to the public
- Logs and tracks community engagement via documentation
- Collaborates with staff and community to produce health education products
Assist health center operations as needed including availability for front and back desk activities and, where qualified, patient care activities.
Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to perform duties at off-site locations such as health fairs and other outreach events. The noise level in the work environment is moderate but may vary.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
(No phone calls please.)
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.