Community Economic Development Internship, Philadelphia VIP
COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, recruits, trains, and supports volunteer attorneys who provide free legal services to low-income clients.
LawWorks is the community economic development project of Philadelphia VIP and works with small business and nonprofit organization clients. LawWorks strengthens Philadelphia communities by providing these clients with pro bono legal advice and transactional representation. In addition to matching clients with experienced volunteer attorneys for on-going representation, LawWorks plans legal clinics as an opportunity for clients to receive immediate assistance with urgent issues.
Philadelphia VIP seeks a highly motivated undergraduate student to serve as an intern with LawWorks. The LawWorks intern will gain valuable experience, including:
• Communicating with small business and nonprofit organization clients
• Drafting written communication with diverse constituents
• Implementing and improving processes to recruit clients and volunteers, following up on referred cases, and spreading awareness of resources through LawWorks
The LawWorks Intern will:
• Communicate with clients leading up to legal clinics to support them in attending
• Assist with client communication after legal clinics to support them in applying for on-going assistance
• Enter new client applications into case management system
• Update written LawWorks materials, such as promotional brochures and client guides
• Follow up on referred cases to get updates from clients and volunteer attorneys
• Draft written communications to clients and volunteer attorneys to inform them of upcoming events and resources
Candidates who can demonstrate the following will be strongly considered:
• Interest in community development
• Prior experience in event coordination
• Strong organization skills and keen attention to details and accuracy
• Ability to commit to 12 hours weekly, as well as interest in continuing into the next semester
Application process: Email resume, cover letter, and work availability as soon as possible to email@example.com and address your letter to Pranshu Verma, Director of Operations. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Students can earn credit or can be paid from their Federal Work Study Award. PHILADELPHIA VIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We are accepting resumes till December 15, 2017.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.