Community Development Intern
Posted by on September 13, 2002
Community Development Intern – Philadelphia Association of CDCs
The Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations (PACDC), an association of 85 community development corporations (CDCs) and other organizations, is seeking an intern to provide support to several technological and informational services aimed at increasing the ability of CDCs to
revitalize lower income neighborhoods.
PACDC’s members are involved in a wide variety of activities to transform their neighborhoods, including housing development and counseling, economic and workforce development, community organizing, childcare and youth development, and social service provision. PACDC supports these organizations’ efforts by serving as an information clearinghouse, providing technical assistance and training to build their capacity, and undertaking effective policy development, advocacy, and public education.
– Web Site Development: PACDC continually strives to improve the data it provides on neighborhoods and CDCs, as well as our system for
disseminating this information. Assist in upgrading features on PACDC’s web site, http://www.pacdc.org, including census data and information on CDCs and available resources, andsummarizing information for dissemination. In addition, assist in developing and strengthening our member CDC’s web sites.
– Membership Directory: PACDC will be producing a 10th anniversary edition of its membership directory, which serves as a resource and publicizes the success and potential of CDCs in Philadelphia. Activities include collecting and cataloguing data on CDCs and their projects, and writing up findings. An excellent way to get to know Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and the work of local CDCs.
– Database Management & GIS Mapping: PACDC assists CDCs and other non-profit organizations with data collection and GIS mapping to support their neighborhood and project planning efforts. Assist in preparing data and developing neighborhood maps indicating vacant property, community development projects, community institutions and CDC service areas.
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Computer literacy, with web design and/or GIS mapping skills helpful
-Good sense of humor
For more information please contact:
PO Box 22641, 1314 Chestnut Street, Suite 700
Philadelphia, PA 19110-2641
Visit their website: http://www.pacdc.org
- Program Coordinator, Girls First
- Technical Support Specialist, Temple University
- AmeriCorps VISTA, Students Run Philly Style
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.