Community College Engagement Award
Posted by on February 2, 2009
Please forgive cross postings
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Community College National Center for Community Engagement wishes to celebrate outstanding campus-based service-learning and civic engagement programs that have developed partnerships outside their institutions. The Center seeks nominations for the following awards:
* Collaborations with Social Agencies
* Collaborations with Business and Industry
* Collaborations with K-12 Schools
* Collaborations with Universities
* International Service Learning
Eligibility: This award is open to all two-year colleges who collaborate through service-learning and civic engagement with social agencies, business and industry, K-12, universities, or internationally. Please note that:
* This is an institutional award and not for an individual.
* Winners need to attend the CCNCCE Conference to accept their award and to present on their program.
* Colleges that have won within the past five years in any category are ineligible to apply.
* All costs associated with this award are the responsibility of the college.
Nomination: A Nomination Form must be completed, along with a Nomination (see Nomination Form for details) and letters of support from the campus president and collaborating partners. Only one nomination per college will be accepted. Nomination must be in only one category. The Nomination Form, Nomination, and letters must be received by February 20, 2009 in the Center’s office.
Criteria: Successful applicants will be selected on these criteria:
* quality of learning opportunities provided to students
* contribution of both the institution and its
partner(s) to community improvement
* level of faculty involvement in the collaboration
* potential to be replicated in other communities
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE: February 20, 2009
Applicants will be notified by March 6, 2008. The winning colleges will be presented awards at the Community College National Center for Community Engagement National Conference in May. Costs associated with this award are the responsibility of the college.
For More Information, CLICK HERE or Contact:
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Earn Your Community Engagement Professional Certification
- Fusion Project Webinar Series, Campus Compact – Mar 4
- Fusion Course: Enhance Online Education through Community-Based Learning – Mar 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.