Community Capacity Building Assistant – Part-Time, Free Library of Philadelphia
Posted by Free Library of Philadelphia on November 19, 2019
The mission of the Free Library of Philadelphia is to advance literacy, guide learning, and inspire curiosity. Its vision is to build an enlightened community devoted to lifelong learning. The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation develops resources to expand, enhance, and support the services, collections, building programs, and other activities of the Free Library of Philadelphia.
Libraries are no longer buildings only filled with books. They are community learning centers that aim to address community needs. We are not waiting for patrons to come into the building. We are taking our work out into the community to meet people where they are and learn more about how we can better serve the neighborhood.
This is a 1 year grant funded Foundation position with the likelihood, but no guarantee, to continue on if funding allows.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary responsibilities of the 20-30 hr per week Community Capacity Building Assistant will consist of, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Providing logistical support for library Friends groups
- Managing communications including reports, a newsletter, and social media accounts
- Planning events and meetings including making outreach calls, managing RSVPs, managing logistics, etc.
- Providing support and an extra pair of hands to library community organizers and outreach staff
- Attending outreach events and community meetings as needed
- Managing paperwork including expenses, contact lists, files, etc
- Supporting library Friends groups in finding and writing small grants
- Supporting the manager of community relations in coordinating community engagement work and initiatives across the City, including Rebuild
- Additional projects based on the skills and interests of the staff member
For more information and to apply, click here.
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.