Community Access to Child Health
Posted by American Academy of Pediatrics on January 11, 2016
Community Access to Child Health Seeks Applications for Community Health Programs
Community Access to Child Health, a program of the American Academy of Pediatrics, provides support to pediatricians eager to collaborate within their communities so that all children have access to needed health services.
To that end, CATCH is accepting applications for three community health grant opportunities — the CATCH Planning and Implementation Grants program, the CATCH Resident Grants program, and the Catch Resident Obesity Grant Opportunity.
1) Planning and Implementation Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to individual pediatricians and fellowship trainees to plan innovative community-based child health initiatives designed to ensure that all children have medical homes and access to healthcare services not otherwise available in their community. Priority will be given to projects that serve communities with the greatest health disparities. Outreach must be to the community at large, not to practice or clinic patients only,and all initiatives should incorporate screening for or connect children to medical homes and available insurance programs. All pediatricians are eligible to apply regardless of employment setting or retirement status.
2) Resident Grants of up to $2,000 will be awarded to pediatric residents to plan and/or implement community-based child health initiatives. Projects must include planning activities or demonstrate completed planning activities, and may include implementation activities.
3) The AAP Section on Obesity has partnered with CATCH in the funding of Resident Grants whose primary topic is overweight and obesity, nutrition, or physical activity. The mission of the Section is to improve the health and well-being of children and families by reducing the prevalence of childhood obesity and promote healthy active living.
For complete program guidelines, an FAQ, information about previously funded projects, and application instructions, visit the CATCH website.
DEADLINE: JANUARY 29, 2016
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- PennSERVE: Request for Applications for 2021-2022 Pennsylvania AmeriCorps State Grants
- Small grants for environment, food, health, community building – Oct 1
- K-5 STEM Projects – Oct 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.