Communications & Policy Intern, Stoneleigh Foundation
Communications & Policy Intern: Summer 2015
The Stoneleigh Foundation is seeking a full-time intern for the summer of 2015. This is a paid position open to graduate students and undergraduate juniors and seniors.
The intern will work with Foundation staff and Fellows to capture lessons learned and share information about current and former Fellows’ work with a broad range of audiences. Typical duties include: researching relevant policy issues; drafting and posting web and social media content; monitoring the effectiveness of existing tools and strategies; and working with staff to plan, promote and execute events and meetings.
- Familiarity with issues related to vulnerable children and youth, such as child welfare, juvenile justice, youth violence reduction, education and mental health;
- Ability to communicate about research and policy issues with diverse audiences;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with others;
- Self-motivated and willing to ask questions; and
- Deep commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable youth and social justice.
How to Apply
Send a resume, cover letter, writing sample (authored solely by the applicant), and availability to Laura Johnson, Knowledge and Communications Officer, at email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.