Communications Manager, Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
Posted by Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers on June 2, 2020
The Communications Manager will work on the Communications and Content Development Team at the Camden Coalition. The Communications Manager will be an enthusiastic team player, a strong writer, social media strategist, and have an eye for design. They will be involved in communications planning, copy writing, press relations, social media, and speaking engagements.
• Develop and execute communications plans for key Camden Coalition initiatives and events, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
• Develop content and copy for a variety of platforms, including websites, blogs, newsletters, social media, and press releases.
• Translate research and data into compelling communications products.
• Maintain regular content updates to the Camden Coalition’s websites.
• Work alongside communications and leadership teams to develop and coordinate press communications, press releases and media alerts, and coordinate interviews.
• Create content for the Camden Coalition’s social media accounts with the goal of increasing audience, engagement, and brand awareness.
• Ensure assigned communication projects are on track with timeline and quality expectations, including adherence to house style and brand standards. Provide editorial support to program staff on blogs and briefs.
• Work proactively to develop relationships across the organization to highlight all aspects of the Coalition’s work.
• Lead development on presentations and materials for site visits and speaking engagements to ensure consistency in external communications.
• Collaborate on a variety of special projects with members of departments across the organization, as needed.
• Attends relevant training as necessary to maintain professional certification and/or knowledge.
• Adheres to the Camden Coalition’s guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
• Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in and enthusiasm for content development and management.
• A strategic and technical understanding of digital communications, including social media and web copy writing.
• A skilled writer with a clear, concise, and flexible style and an impeccable grasp of grammar, spelling, and AP style.
• Working knowledge of design principles and software is preferred (willingness to learn design software a must).
• Able to manage projects and team members in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment, prioritizing multiple projects efficiently and with a high level of attention to detail.
• An interest and/or background in the health professions, social justice, or policy.
• Ability to form strong relationships across an organization, and to exercise discretion and empathy when working with sensitive health information and in underserved communities.
Learn more and apply: https://camdenhealth.org/get-involved/careers/
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
- Manager, Network Organizing, Engagement, & Knowledge – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.