Morning Circle Media
Communication and Events Intern, Morning Circle Media
Communication and Events Intern (deadline to apply: August 31st, 2018)
Morning Circle Media is seeking a bilingual (Spanish/English) individual interested in promoting early literacy and cross-cultural understanding through an unpaid communication and events internship. Applicants must have excellent writing skills, preferably in English and Spanish, and be organized, personable and professional. Experience working with children is a plus.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation for applying to this job due to a disability.
- Create, format and monitor a tracking document for book award, review and conference opportunities for Morning Circle Media
- Nominate/submit Morning Circle Media for awards, reviews and conferences opportunities
- Support event outreach like tabling at events and storytime opportunities in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties
- Based on existing editorial calendar, write and upload content to Morning Circle Media website/blog (Squarespace CMS) and Facebook page on regular basis
- Support development of investor one-sheet and other communication materials
- Contribute new ideas during team meetings
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience or interest in photographing/filming
- Experience or interest in InDesign or other design/publishing software
- Access to transportation
This is an unpaid internship of 5 – 10 hrs./week,
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter with subject line “Intern Application” to email@example.com before August 1, 2018.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.