Philadelphia Youth Network
College Success Instructor, Philadelphia Youth Network
The College Success Instructor will support youth throughout the Post-Secondary Bridging program, with a particular emphasis on developing curriculum aligned with the Back on Track Through College framework from Jobs for the Future (JFF) and delivering a 12-week college preparation course to each cohort of youth served through the program. The Instructor will also support other team members in providing individualized advisement and coaching to participants completing a dual enrollment experience.
About Post-Secondary Bridging at E3 Power Centers:
The E3 Center model is a neighborhood-based, holistic approach to preparing out-of-school youth and youth returning from juvenile placement to achieve long-term educational, career and personal goals, including self-sufficiency.
Philadelphia’s E3 Centers are designed to provide supports along three interrelated pathways:
Education, Employment, and Empowerment, the three E’s. PYN has been awarded a three-year grant to implement a postsecondary bridging pilot program at Philadelphia’s four E3 Power Centers, powered by the Social Innovation Fund and made possible by the Aspen Institute Forum for Community Solutions.
PYN is an intermediary organization dedicated to connecting systems and leveraging resources. PYN works to equip young people for academic achievement, economic opportunity and personal success. To achieve this mission, we coordinate and support largescale, cross-sector initiatives while developing targeted programs to expand access to services for underserved youth.
• Support E3 members aged 17-21 who possess a secondary credential or who are on track to pass the GED prepare for and undertake their first college experience at the Community College of Philadelphia (“The College” below).
• Work with E3 Center staff to screen and interview members interested in college prep and first college experiences.
• Coordinate with Center staff, PYN staff, the other College Success Instructor and the two College Success Coaches to develop and refine an integrated, postsecondary bridging curriculum for participating E3 members.
• Instruct college prep classes at up to two Centers throughout Philadelphia.
• Develop an understanding of resources available to members at The College, at the E3 Centers and in the community.
• Work with Center staff to refer participants to supportive services as required
• Work with College Success Coaches to offer opportunities for members in later stages of the program to share their experiences with members in the college prep course and adapt course curriculum based on their feedback and experiences.
• Perform regular data entry into PYN’s Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) data system and other data instruments as required
• Assist in evaluating program effectiveness and tracking progress toward program goals, including administering survey instruments to participants.
• Other duties as assigned.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.