College Success Advisor/Career Programs Manager, Philadelphia Futures
College Success Advisor and Career Programs Manager
The Office of College Retention and Success supports over 300 college students at 50 colleges and universities.
We are currently seeking a College Success Advisor and Career Programs Manager to join our team. This is one position with two primary roles: to support and advise a caseload of Philadelphia Futures collegians with the goal of achieving the highest possible persistence and graduation rates; and to develop, expand and lead career-related programming for all PF collegians.
The College Success Advisor and Career Programs Manager will maintain ongoing contact with collegian program participants, via in-person, phone and electronic communication. He/she will connect collegians with campus and community resources, and will establish and maintain relationships with campus liaisons who advocate for collegians. This position requires occasional visits to campuses to meet with students and with campus liaisons. Staff is responsible for maintaining data and records on collegians, and also for maintaining contact with collegians temporarily out of college, assisting with plans to return to school and/or work.
In the Career Programs Manager role, this position will support the team of College Success Advisors as they work with students on career-related issues. He/she will provide oversight of career programming for PF collegians, including the development and delivery of career-related workshops for collegians, expansion and development of relationships with potential internship/externship hosts, facilitation of network of intern and extern opportunities, and maintenance of relationships and communication with volunteers for career programming.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, with a concentration in counselling, education, social work or related field of study.
- Minimum of five years experience working with college or high school students, including at least two years experience working on a college campus in student services, academic advising or career services.
- Knowledge of higher education retention issues, particularly related to low-income, first-generation-to-college students.
- Experience in program management, demonstrated ability to assess and develop programs.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple tasks, and the ability to develop and foster relationships with external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) necessary, occasional state-wide travel required, driver’s license preferred, and fluency in Spanish a plus.
- The candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus, Respect, Adaptability, Accountability, Collaboration), and a passion for working with low-income, first-generation to college students.
To Apply: Please email your resumé and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@philadelphiafutures.org, indicating the position of interest in the subject line.
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.