KIPP Philadelphia Charter Schools
College Counseling/Seminar Teacher, KIPP Philadelphia Schools
Reporting to the Managing Director of KIPP Through College and the School Leader of KIPP DuBois Collegiate Academy, the College Counselor/Seminar Teacher is part of the college counseling team at KIPP DuBois and the regional KIPP Through College & Career team. This person is responsible for creating and executing programming aimed at ensuring all KIPP DuBois Seniors secure an appropriate post-secondary plan, including matriculating to a match and best-fit college or securing the required credentials for a specified career pathway.
This person will accomplish this by:
- Leading multiple sections of senior seminar,
- Employing effective, data-informed college Match practices throughout the placement process
- Work collaboratively with key members of KIPP DuBois and the KTC team to ensure the post-secondary success of each student.
Success is measured by assessing the projected Estimated College Completion (ECC) of each senior class. ECC is the average six-year minority college graduation rate of all matriculation choices.
Teach multiple sections of Senior Seminar, a college readiness course focused on guiding and supporting students through the selection of best fit post-secondary plans
- Implement strategy to drive a rigorous college application submission process
- Implement strategy and programming to reduce undermatching in all phases of the college placement process
- Collaborate with 12 th grade team to support the academic success and post-secondary transition of all seniors
- Develop and deliver both parent and student facing workshops on all topics relevant to the college placement process
- Conduct student one-on-ones throughout the college placement process to ensure completion of all phases
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleges, universities and scholarship organizations in addition to help Employ effective, data-informed college Match practices throughout the college placement process
- Manage all student demographic and academic information across multiple platforms: Naviance, Salesforce, Tableau, etc.
- Actively track and monitor progress towards student level goals including application completion and submission, FAFSA submission, and financial aid completion
- Plan logistics for keystone KTC&C events including annual College Fair
- Remain abreast of relevant developments concerning all aspects of college placement: including financial aid, scholarships, applications, and admissions standards
- Develop and utilize national KTC network relationships to learn and share promising practices forpositive student outcomes
Work collaboratively with key KIPP DuBois stakeholders and KTC team to influence student outcomes:
- Collaborate with the Director of College Counseling and placement staff in maintaining a strong and visible college culture within KIPP DuBois and a regional college counseling program for KPPS
- In partnership with the Director of Career Integration & Development, work to ensure the alignment of Match and Career integration in the senior seminar course
- In concert with the KTC&C Post-secondary team, implement a caseload transition process for all seniors across multiple pathways: College, CTE, Military
- Collaborate with 12th grade Advisors and content teachers in supporting Match efforts and influencing student post-secondary outcomes
- Work with and inform regional Match Team (School Leader, 12th Grade Assistant Principal, Director of Learning Support, CEO, and KTC Team) Other responsibilities as communicated by Managing Director of KTC and School Leader of KIPP DuBois.
KIPP Philadelphia Schools is an equal opportunity employer. Employees are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Learn more and apply: https://kippphiladelphia.org/join-our-team/apply-now/
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.