Sunrise of Philadelphia
College and Career Coordinator, Sunrise of Philadelphia
The College and Career Coordinator is responsible for supporting students and workshop activities in order to ensure high quality program operations, while also building strong relationships with participating youth, teachers and partners.
1. Work with Site Director to ensure:
• Planning and implementation of engaging program activities
• Completion of Project Based Learning (PBL) plans
• Accurate collection of all required student enrollment and attendance data
2. Plan college and career workshops that are engaging and interactive for students
3. Coordinate student trips to local colleges and technical schools
4. Collaborate with other organizations to create opportunities for guest speakers
5. Coordinate youth recruitment through outreach activities and partnerships
6. Monitor student participation and attendance targets, support retention
7. Maintaining a positive class environment and smooth transitions, while providing personal support to students
8. Foster a strong community and positive climate during program operations.
9. Monitor and support the safety and security of all students, respond to special situations when necessary
10. Lead PBL/recreation/enrichment activities
11. Monitor and support respectful daily use of space
12. Communicate with families as needed
13. Organize and ensure all required paperwork (sign ins, PBL, ect.) is complete for program activities
14. Support program logistics (Snack distribution etc. as needed and delegated)
15. Attend meetings and trainings as required
16. Provide friendly, professional service to all visitors, volunteers, clients, students, parents and monitors. Greet and monitor participants during program and dismissal times.
17. Collaborate with other staff for event planning, outreach efforts, and other services.
18. Serve as a positive representative of Sunrise with students, school staff, and administrators, as well as other partners.
19. Other duties as assigned and needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
* Experience working in a community setting, experience with college and career readiness strongly preferred
* Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
* Positive communication skills.
* Enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Friendly, courteous manner.
* Commitment to on-going growth and professional development.
Sunrise is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AT WILL EMPLOYER
Please send all resumes and cover letters to Laura Johnson, ljohnson@sunriseof phila.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.