College and Career Ambassadors, Promise Corps
Posted by Promise Corps on July 10, 2017
Are you interested in joining Promise Corps? We are currently looking for motivated College and Career Ambassadors to join our team for the upcoming school year! Check out a description of our open position below and click the link to apply!
Promise Corps College and Career Ambassadors (CCAs) will be placed in one of four high schools in Philadelphia’s Promise Zone. CCAs work with high school students and families to ensure that they graduate from high school with strong skill sets, and develop awareness of paths and challenges related to post-secondary opportunities, while working with students to help them develop long-term plans.
- Small group and individual advising on post-secondary options;
- Academic support;
- Development and updating of Individual Student Services Plans that outline students goals, timeline, and steps to achieve post-secondary plan;
- Workshops covering college, job training, military, national service, careers, apprenticeships, and internships;
- Events and guest speakers for further post-secondary exploration;
- Collaborate with school teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors to gain resources to best support students.
This is an AmeriCorps position.
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
- City Homeless Office Offers Youth Internship
- Learning Pod and Resource Center: Educators Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.