Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger
Coalition against Hunger COVID-19 Update & Virtual Race against Hunger
As an organization focused on ensuring all those in our community have the food they need to live healthy lives, this is an exceptionally trying time. The Greater Philadelphia Coalition has quickly adapted our operations and is working to stay informed of local, state, and federal responses related to nutrition supports as the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) crisis unfolds. We’ll be sending you weekly updates to keep you informed.
We know that those experiencing hunger are particularly vulnerable at times like these, and we know with business closures many of our neighbors are losing income and will need assistance.
Our team is . . .
- Working closely with our Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen Partners to support them in their efforts to find safe ways to deliver food to those who need it.
- Continuing to staff our SNAP Hotline from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to connect people to food and the SNAP benefits they need. Our number is 215-430-0556.
- Monitoring the rapidly changing landscape in terms of nutrition program policies and needed Advocacy Efforts.
We are all doing our best to gather information, communicate with partners about emergency food resources, sharing details of the availability of school meals in our region, and staying on top of changing practices at County Assistance Offices (that administer SNAP) and WIC offices so we can provide clients and partner agencies correct information during this unprecedented time.
What can you do?
- Register at https://hungercoalition.salsalabs.org/advocacyalerts/index.html to receive up to date Advocacy Alerts.
- Join us for the Virtual Race Against Hunger – Register to run or walk between April 17 and April 27 when and where it works for you or make a donation at https://www.phillyhungerrace.com/. These dollars are more important than ever!
We recognize that this is an uncertain and stressful time for us all, and appreciate all that you do to continue to support those who are food insecure in our community. Wishing you all health and safety!
More New Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.