Client Services Intern, Workforce Development (remote) – Jan 3
Posted by Urban League of Philadelphia on December 22, 2020
The Urban League of Philadelphia’s Career Services team is seeking a highly organized, flexible, motivated student to serve as a Client Services Intern. The Intern must have a strong interest in workforce and economic development; diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives; and education and training as means for empowerment and economic self-reliance. The Intern will assist staff with identifying opportunities and resources for job seekers, entering and tracking client data, and supporting virtual programming.
Primary job duties:
- Research current employment opportunities to develop content for ULP’s weekly job board, newsletters, and social media posts to benefit our job seekers; ensure a broad range of industries and professional levels are represented and job suitability is evaluated
- Identify education and training programs, career exposure, hiring events, and other resources that may be of interest and benefit for ULP clients
- Assist with data entry to ensure accurate documentation of client information and progress
- Assist with the planning, preparation, set-up, and facilitation of virtual events
This is a remote internship for junior and senior-year college students from mid-January to mid-May 2021, for 15-20 hours/ week; a modest stipend is available for a full semester-long internship. Applicants must be able to work independently and have strong organizational skills. They must also be able to synthesize and organize data and complex information. Students studying Social Work, Public Policy, Sociology, Education, Political Science, Business, Economics, or related fields are encouraged to apply. Interns must have a personal computer and reliable internet access for remote work.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resume to Alex McNeil at email@example.com by January 3rd, 2021.
- Delaware River Watershed Fellowship 2021 – Apr 2
- Director of Community Engagement, Research for Action
- Executive Director, Community Options
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.