Civic Engagement Field Manager, Citizens for Consumer Justice
Job Announcement: Civic Engagement Field Manager
PA Citizens for Consumer Justice (CCJ), in contract with USAction Education Fund, is seeking a reliable, ethical, and creative leader to manage field operations for our non-partisan voter registration and Medicare education work. The organization will educate and register over 10,000 individuals in communities of color throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania. The field manager will help recruit, lead, and motivate a three person staff of activists out of our Philadelphia office.
CCJ is a nonprofit, social welfare organization founded in the summer of 1997 to promote economic, racial, social, civil and environmental justice through citizen action and campaigns to educate the public. CCJ has become the leading nonprofit consumer rights organization in Pennsylvania working for quality health care for all, protecting access to our civil justice system, working for clean elections, advocating for stronger corporate accountability measures, promoting dedicated funding of public transit, and ensuring democracy in the media and telecommunications industry.
Qualified applicants will have:
– A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice.
– At least nine months experience organizing and/or field managing/directing electoral or issue canvasses.
– Strong experience working with communities of color.
– Valid driver’s license and a car (CCJ will reimburse for mileage)
– A willingness to travel cross country for short trainings (travel and housing expenses covered).
– A firm grasp of public interest issues, and the ability to communicate how they affect voters’ everyday lives.
– Spanish fluency a plus, not required.
– Meeting nightly personal and staff goals for voters registered.
– Working with CCJ’s civic engagement director on outreach and recruitment.
– Training, briefing, and supervising staff, transporting them to the field and back.
– Overseeing quality control for voter registration.
The position lasts from March 29th until Oct 4th. Salary $2320/month plus health coverage. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Please mail, fax, or e-mail your cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Citizens for Consumer Justice
117 S 17th St, Ste 311
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.