City Director – Philadelphia, Up2Us Sports
Posted by Up2Us Sports on August 21, 2017
A position for someone passionate and intelligent who envisions building a national movement to inspire the success of young people across America through sports.
ABOUT UP2US SPORTS
Up2Us Sports dedicated to inspiring youth to achieve their potential by providing coaches that are trained in positive youth development.
City Director – Philadelphia
DESCRIPTION The City Director position is an entrepreneurial position for someone who believes in the Up2Us Sports mission and wants to use sports to impact underserved youth. The position will report directly to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Director or Chief Regional Officer and the Up2Us Sports Sr. Management. Please note, based the strategic needs of the Mid-Atlantic, Up2Us Sports will either hire a City Director or a Mid-Atlantic Regional Director.
Fundraising and Development
• Create an overall fundraising strategy specific to the Philadelphia Region with appropriate timeline and indicators of success.
• Implement fundraising strategy
• Research and write grants and funding proposals with the support of Up2Us Sports national staff
• Engage and develop local leadership council relationships
• Participate in national fundraising campaigns
• Assist in the development of new host site partnerships
• Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
• Establish Up2Us as the “go-to” organization in the field of sports-based youth development for foundations, corporations, local key policy makers, schools, parks departments, sports organizations and local youth sports programs
Financial Oversight and Responsibility
• Create Operation and Program budget with RD, CRO, and appropriate national staff.
• Work with the development department to secure adequate funding for the operation of your location.
• Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization
• Work with finance department to develop regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of your location.
• Ensure that internal controls are in place to manage all AmeriCorps funding
• Manage and facilitate revenue of training and host-site contracts with finance department
Human resources planning and management
• Determine staffing requirements for local organizational management and program delivery
• Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
• Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulation
• Responsible for incident reporting and follow-up of any incidents.
• Recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate national staff that have the right technical and personal abilities.
• Ensure that all staff receives an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided
• Implement the performance management process for all staff which includes an annual performance review
• Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
• Report and communicate any staff challenges with National and discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques
Program Strategy and Oversight
• Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services
• Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the strategic plan.
• Oversight and implementation of the sports based youth development training strategy with national staff.
• Maintain community presence in local collaboratives, working groups, etc. that aligned with the Up2Us Sports mission and vision
• Work with Up2Us Sports Marketing team on implementing national campaigns for brand awareness and fundraising and develop local outreach materials
• Cultivate local sports ambassadors for the Up2Us Sports Ambassador Board
This position will require a self-starter with advanced nonprofit leadership experience. Up2Us Sports has a strong internal culture where all staff are valued for their input, so the ideal candidate should also come with strong team spirit. Additional characteristics include:
• 5 years’ experience managing staff
• Fundraising and grant writing experience
• Experience managing government grants (i.e.: AmeriCorps a plus)
• Ability to manage finances and budgets
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
• Ability to work easily with people at all levels of an organization and with people across the nation
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-evolving, not-so-formal, fun atmosphere with similarly committed leaders
• Bachelor’s Degree – preferred; Masters – desired
• Commensurate with experience
• Health, dental and other benefits, including generous leave time
• A dynamic, fun, exciting, and flexible work atmosphere with a team of professionals dedicated to supporting underserved youth through sports
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, grant writing sample, and cover letter with your salary requirements to:
Chief Regional Officer
Be sure to include the position title in the subject of your message. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Up2Us Sports is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.