Children’s Village: Director of Development, Deadline May 30
The Director of Development will lead fundraising, communications, and marketing functions for Children’s Village. The mission of Children’s Village it is to provide early childhood education and school-age academic enrichment distinguished by excellence and family diversity. We seek both full-time and part-time (approximately 25 hours per week) candidates.
- Writes and prioritizes grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government in conjunction with staff
- Maintains grant calendar for current and proposed grant proposals and reports
- Files all grant reports in a timely manner
- Researches potential funding sources to support needs identified by management team
- Cultivates and stewards foundation and corporate relationships
- Plans, manages and implements annual appeal
- Cultivates and maintains individual donor relationships and community partnerships
- Works with Executive Director and Board Development Committee to develop and meet annual fundraising plan and goals
- Plans and implements fundraising special events working with board committee, volunteers and parents
- Acknowledges all gifts and maintains databas
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in the nonprofit sector raising funds and ability to plan, organize, and direct multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, nonprofit management, fundraising or other relevant field required
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office and Gift Works
- Familiarity and experience with social networking tools
- Excellent writing, communication, people and time management skills
Children’s Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package. To apply please send cover letter (including preferred schedule of full-time or part-time), resume detailing specific funds raised and through what means, and three writing samples including one grant proposal writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2019.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.