YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Child Development Assoc. Coordinator/Instructor, YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School’s mission is to empower young adults (18-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, support, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
A member of the Workforce Development team is an integral part of the training and development of future professionals in their chosen field. The Child Development Associate (CDA) Coordinator is expected to:
- Provide administrative support in managing the day-to-day operations of the CDA Program, including but not limited to: grading, inventory, and reporting; and work in conjunction with the Training Coordinator, Director and support staff.
- Collaborated with Student Success and Specialized Services in managing student behaviors that help to redirect and support positive interactions, both in-school and on the worksites.
- Play an active role in student recruitment and academic and career development opportunities, including planning and coordinating grad pathway days, and collaborate with Training Coordinator for experiential and service/volunteer opportunities.
- Engage and support future relationships in an advisory capacity focused on instruction/curriculum and workforce planning and entry.
- Stay connected and keep current with local and national trends surrounding the Early Childhood and Child
- Development field which includes attending conferences and attending to personal professional development.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.