Child Care Worker, Woman Against Abuse
Women Against Abuse, Inc (WAA) is currently recruiting for a Child Care Worker.
WAA is the leading and largest provider of services to victims of domestic violence in both the City of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The mission of WAA is to provide is quality, compassionate and nonjudgmental services in a manner that fosters self-respect and independence in persons experiencing intimate partner violence and to lead the struggle to end domestic violence through advocacy and community education. With a little under 100 staff, WAA serves more than 15,000 individuals each year through emergency housing (100 bed shelter and 12 transitional housing apartments), legal services, hotline counseling, education/training and advocacy.
WAA’s Core Values are Safety, Empowerment, Strength, Hope, Respect, and Integrity and we are committed to a work environment built on honesty, transparency, teamwork, accountability, and a high level of professionalism.
Child Care Worker (Part-Time)
Summary of Principle Duties:
The primary responsibilities will be to create and maintain a safe and stimulating environment for children (ages 2-14), provide care and activities for children’s learning programs in a structured setting and to assist with program planning and coordination. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and vision and according to Agency standards.
• High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
• A certificate in childcare, early childhood education or related field is strongly preferred.
• Three (3) to five (5) years experience working with children in a mixed-aged group is required.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering effective learning activities is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and written, is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
• A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required.
• Completion of the 40-hour Domestic Training Class is required (pre or post hire).
• Satisfactory criminal record, FBI and child abuse clearances and a TB Test required pre hire (all expenses paid by WAA).
Schedule: Monday through Thursday 9am-12:30pm and Fridays 9am –3pm; 20 hrs/week (some flexibility required).
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience and we provide paid time off (no other benefits available due to schedule).
Location: Philadelphia, PA
For consideration, please send your cover letter indicating the position preference, resume, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workplace. We encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.