Philadelphia Parks Alliance
Chief Operations Officer, Philadelphia Parks Alliance
The Philadelphia Parks Alliance is looking for an energetic and passionate professional to build our financial and operations systems at this pivotal time in our history. This is a perfect opportunity for a manager looking to advance their experience with an organization undergoing rapid growth.
Founded in 1984, the Parks Alliance is the voice of Philadelphia’s parks and recreation users—advocating for and supporting one of the largest urban parks and recreation systems in the country with more than 300 parks and recreation facilities. In addition to our traditional public space advocacy, the Alliance has recently grown our community outreach and direct service arms—increasing our programming and resource development work throughout the city’s 150+ recreation centers.
The Parks Alliance is a fast-paced and lively small non-profit that welcomes big ideas and big personalities at our convenient West Philadelphia office. In recent years, the Alliance has significantly expanded its staff and volunteer base, and we’re now looking to increase our financial and structural support to continue this momentum. Read more about the Parks Alliance’s work and mission at http://www.philaparks.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Chief Operating Officer is responsible for financial oversight and strategic operations management.
1. Develop and maintain operational and financial management systems, processes and policies
2. Oversee organizational budget and maintain accurate financial records (e.g., communicate and reinforce financial procedures, draft annual budget and report for Board, funders, IRS and management)
3. Oversee partner community group bank accounts and ensure their financial compliance.
4. Provide day-to-day leadership and management for the community outreach, advocacy, and public policy activities under the direction of the Executive Director.
5. Ensure the effectiveness of all processes internal and external through strategic planning and program evaluation.
6. Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
7. Manage and support staff on traditional HR issues
8. Assist in managing relationships with City departments and for- and nonprofit partners
9. Foster a productive and supportive environment within the company.
5+ years of professional financial and operations management experience with demonstrated success in creating systems and evaluating programs, and:
· Experience in accounting and finance principles and best practices as well as knowledge of internal controls.
· Organizational development, budget and resource development, and strategic planning skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong desire to work with a lively, passionate team dedicated to improving the lives of Philadelphians—and the spaces we love
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with subject “Chief Operations Officer position” to George Matysik at email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.