School District of Philadelphia
Chief of External Relations, School District of Philadelphia
- Develops a strategy to integrate media relations/communications, government relations, and community engagement into a unified strategic public engagement program in support of the Superintendent’s priorities.
- Develops and oversees the School District’s comprehensive strategic communications program, including earned media, social media, and internal communications, with the goal of developing interest in and an understanding of the School District’s mission, vision, and actions.
- Directs and coordinates the School District’s legislative program, including developing a proactive legislative and regulatory strategy, responding to and influencing legislation impacting the School District, and advocating with state and local government and elected officials.
- Develops and leads a comprehensive strategic outreach program including identifying, recruiting, and mobilizing allies and surrogates; expanding and deepening community engagement; and building opportunities for information-sharing and collaboration.
- Works in close collaboration with and in support of other District offices that engage with the public, including the Family and Community Engagement Office, to ensure communications are coordinated, aligned, impactful and in support of the District?s strategic plan, Action Plan 3.0.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.