Chief Financial Officer, Philadelphia FIGHT
Philadelphia FIGHT is a large and diverse AIDS Service Organization, offering a wealth of programs for people living with HIV/AIDS and those at high risk in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. FIGHT sponsors a large HIV clinical practice – the Jonathan Lax Immune Disorders Treatment Center – as well as clinical research, HIV consumer education, the AIDS Library, Internet Services through the Critical Path Project, and a youth outreach program (The Youth Health Empowerment Project). Our programs reach over 4,500 people each year, with our outreach programs reaching an additional 6,000 every year.
We are seeking an experienced financial manager to oversee all fiscal aspects of our organization.
We are seeking an individual with a minimum BA or BS degree. Further training, including MBA, CPA, or other relevant training is preferred. The candidate should have a minimum of three years experience in financial management, and a minimum of one year’s experience in supervision. Extensive knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel is also required.
This is a hands-on position requiring involvement in a number of areas, including
* Direct all fiscal operations for non-profit agency with budget in excess of 4 million dollars
* Develop budgets for all services. These include clinical (medical) services for HIV-infected people, social services, consumer education and outreach, Internet services, and administration costs.
* Monitor revenue and expenditures of eight departments and make recommendations for short and long-range fiscal planning
* Work with department supervisors to prepare specific project budgets
* Maintain and update internal control procedures and standards for all financial functions and document all fiscal procedures
* Maintain and update cost centers and program allocation procedures for general ledger and reporting purposes
* Prepare monthly invoices to government funding sources and foundations along with project-specific reporting requirements
* Maintain relationships with funders including budget negotiations, review and revisions, and reporting
* Manage Internet-based payroll processing
* Prepare monthly financial statements
* Supervise bookkeeper and billing manager
* Attend bi-monthly Finance Committee meetings and bi-monthly Board of Directors meetings
Salary, Benefits, and work environment.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. FIGHT offers an excellent benefit package, including health benefits (we cover families), prescription coverage, dental, long and short- term disability and life insurance. We offer access to a retirement plan through TIAA-CREF, and to Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts. FIGHT is a multi-cultural environment, welcoming persons of all races, religious backgrounds, sexual orientations and genders. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to Terry Trudeau, Human Resources Administrator – Terry@fight.org; or fax to Ms. Trudeau at 215-9895-4942. For more information on FIGHT, we invite you to check out our website, <a href="http://www.fight.org">http://www.fight.org</a>.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.