Chester County Fund for Women and Girls
Posted by Chester County Fund for Women and Girls on December 18, 2017
In 2015, the Chester County Fund for Women and Girls (CCFWG) completed a comprehensive strategic plan process that incorporated the input of stakeholders within the community to develop a vision, mission, and strategic direction for the future. As a result of this process, CCFWG has adopted a new mission to lead and unite the community through philanthropy and advocacy to ensure that women and girls have resources and opportunities to thrive.
Based upon this process, CCFWG also adopted a new organizational and grantmaking framework that aligns with the new strategic direction. The objective of CCFWG’s grantmaking activities is to create positive impact in the four community-identified priority areas for women and girls. As a result, CCFWG will support organizations that address the following priorities:
- Meet the core needs of women and girls;
- Improve access to economic opportunities for women and girls;
- Promote health and wellness by addressing needs specifically related to the health of women and girls; and
- Invest in systems and sustainable change efforts to challenge gender inequality
Examples of services provided by our grantees include, but are not limited to:
- Vocational training and workforce preparation
- STEM programming for girls
- Case management for teenage mothers
- Improved access to women’s health service
- Domestic violence services
- Housing and homelessness prevention
- Campaign to raise awareness about gender disparity in number of locally elected officials
- Youth development programming focused on girls leadership and/or empowerment
Through investment in these areas, CCFWG hopes to play an active role in providing equality and security for women and girls, making our communities stronger and more vibrant for everyone.
The Core Grants Program Grant Application opened December 1, 2017.
The application is available here.
Please see the Core Grants Request for Proposals for additional information.
To learn more about CCFWG’s grantmaking, contact Michelle Legaspi-Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org, Executive Director at 484-356-0940.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Public Policy Research to Advance Racial Equity and Racial Justice – Nov 24
- Survivor Safety and Securing Democratic Futures Fund – Nov 9
- PennSERVE Seeks Organizations to Serve Pennsylvania Communities in the Commonwealth Civilian Coronavirus Corps AmeriCorps Program – Oct 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.