Character Ed/Service Learning Institute for K-12 Teachers
Posted by on May 24, 2002
Many of you have requested more information on the July 10 – 11 Character Education/ Service-Learning Institute. Please pass this information, including the attachments, along to as many teachers as possible. Please note this is only a preliminary program that offers a glimpse at the kinds of workshops that will be offered. The workshop list continues to expand.
THE CONFERENCE FEATURES:
– An opportunity to hear from PA teachers who have successfully developed ervice-learning and character education programs at their schools.
– Continuous quality programming, including continental breakfast and lunch, FREE for Pennsylvania teachers.
– A chance to earn as many as 15 Act 48 hours through the conference and pre-conference (July 9) combined.
– An overlap with Penn State’s internationally-know arts festival, which begins on the 10th.
– Presenters may earn FREE lodging and dinner allowance.
– An opportunity to see central Pennsylvania’s many treasures on the way in or out.
Please distribute this information to all interested parties. Help spread service-learning and character education through Pennsylvania: it helps students learn and helps communities grow!
For more information, visit http://www.pitt.edu/~psla/
Adjunct Faculty, Community College of Allegheny County
Service-Learning Consultant, PA Service-Learning Alliance
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Free, Online Learning for Social Change: African American Museum in Philadelphia Virtual Exhibit: Rendering Justice – Dec 3
- Community Engagement Series on Police Reform: Circles of Truth, Collectively Envisioning an Equitable Future – Nov 30
- Free Virtual Literacy Program for Grandparents
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.