Challah for Hunger: Community Engagement Intern – August 28
Posted by Challah for Hunger on August 25, 2020
Challah for Hunger, a national nonprofit based in Philadelphia, builds communities inspired and equipped to take action against hunger. Each year, we train thousands of young people to combat hunger in their communities and on their college campuses. Since 2004, we have grown from one chapter to more than 100 college and community based chapters in 30 states.
Challah for Hunger is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and creative candidate to fill the Community Engagement Intern position. The Community Engagement Intern will support Challah for Hunger’s community chapters primarily through curriculum development around anti-hunger advocacy for children ages 4-10 years.
The Community Engagement Intern will support Challah for Hunger in recruiting participants to community chapter programs, building relationships with participants, and administrative work as necessary.
Through this role, the Community Engagement Intern will:
- Gain experience in early childhood curriculum development,
- Strengthen leadership and public speaking skills,
- Develop data tracking and social media skills,
- Expand their network in the early childhood education field.
The Community Engagement Intern should:
- Have experience working with young children, ages approximately 4-10 years, possess knowledge of early childhood education and curriculum development,
- Be passionate in food justice and advocacy work.
- Be excited about engaging communities of young children and their families in the three pillars of Challah for Hunger: advocacy, philanthropy, and community building.
This position is approximately 10 hours per month, between September 1, 2020 and December 11, 2020, with the possibility of staying on for spring semester 2021.
Upon completion of projects, the intern will be eligible for a $250 stipend at the close of the semester. In accordance with respective university and college protocol, the intern may be able to receive college credit.
Interested? Email a resume or summary of experience to Hannah Cohen at email@example.com by August 28.
- Director of Learning, Academy of Natural Sciences
- Crew Leader, PowerCorpsPHL
- Director of Development, First Up
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.