Case Manager/Program Counselor, St. Joseph’s House
Posted by Depaul USA on February 23, 2021
St. Joseph’s House operates on a 24/7 basis and provides accommodation and support to homeless college students while they complete their degrees. Residents can live in the program for 24 months. The Program Counselor is responsible for conducting assessments to determine client needs and plans for obtaining needed services. The Program Counselor will create housing discharge and savings plans for clients and assess progress towards goals. The Program Counselor will demonstrate direct assistance, coordination of care, and linkage to the appropriate services while developing support plans for residents, and he/she will report to and work closely with the Associate Director, moving clients toward greater stability. The Program Counselor is responsible for documenting case management notes, activities, progress, and recommendations as well as assisting clients to access referred services and move toward independence and more stable housing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Main Tasks
- Provides guidance and support for project residents.
- Ensures that the practical needs of residents are met (in conjunction with volunteers); i.e. providing food, laundry, clean bedding, etc.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment and maintains high operational standards within the project.
- Assesses the needs of residents and refers them on to appropriate agencies and social service programs.
- Develops support plans to coordinate services for a number of residents on a regular basis (at least once a week) recording the work appropriately, advocating for them, organizing their files, and updating the supervisor and the project team on their progress as required.
- Builds professional relationships with all residents and assists them with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner.
- Assists with reception and administration duties as scheduled.
- Ensures adherence to all quality assurance policies and procedures.
- President, Campus Philly
- Associate Director, Program for Community-Engaged Scholarship, Princeton U.
- Clinical Research Coordinator
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.