Case Manager, Post Housing, People’s Emergency Center
Case Manager, Post Housing
PEC was founded in 1972 to serve homeless families through a continuum of care that begins in emergency shelter housing, moves to transitional housing and culminates with permanent supportive housing. In support of this mission, PEC owns and manages a range of program-related assets.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Five years experience with social service deliver/case management is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Sensitivity to, and experience with low-income populations.
• Proficiency with MS office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Reports to: Vice President of Social Services
The primary responsibility of the Post Housing Case Manager is to provide case management services to individuals residing in PEC’s Permanent Supportive Housing that seeks to assist individuals maintain permanent housing and continue to be self sufficient.
Develop a written contract (Service Plan) for each case. Contract must be a product of successful negotiation between the client and the case manager and may include the following areas:
• Post Housing Stability (rent/utility payments, lease, repairs, housekeeping, being a “good neighbor” and case management intervention).
• Responsibilities and tenant’s rights while living in permanent supportive housing.
• Income Stability including budgeting, future income, securing and maintaining benefits.
• Developing and enhancing parenting skills.
• Child/Children Well being: child care, school attendance, afterschool programs, and inoculations.
• Drug/Alcohol Treatment, counseling, mental health therapy, and domestic violence.
• Personal Growth: education, empowerment and enrichment.
• Life Skills: budgeting, shopping, and housekeeping/home management
• Job Readiness Training or other welfare to work program and/or employment.
• Meet with clients monthly, or as needed, to ensure service plan is followed and updated.
• Document progress with monthly notations in PEC’s Cares.net database.
• Represent PEC and its clients with other public and private agencies.
• Fully support obtaining a client’s benefit(s) from any public welfare program and must be able to make clear presentations in case conferences with other social services agencies.
• Post Housing Case managers intercede on behalf of the clients in order to secure services, referrals and/or appointments.
For immediate consideration for this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com or fax resume to 215-349-9099. EOE M/F/D/V
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.