Resources for Human Development
Case Manager I, Resources for Human Development
The Case Manager will work with one of the following emergency housing Units managed by Resources for Human Development (RHD). During the stay of the homeless men focus on the five domains of life: housing, employment, health, community involvement, and education. The primary goal of the program is for residents to obtain permanent housing in a short period of time.
The Case Manager is directly responsible for creating an environment that reflects the mission of the RHD/Fernwood while complying with the standards of the Philadelphia’s Office of Homeless Services (OHS). Staff will be trauma informed and will work non-traditional hours in order to meet the need of the residents and/or staff support. The position functions within a team that regularly monitors clients’ progress weekly. A commitment to the RHD Values should be demonstrated as job duties are performed.
- Creates and sustains effective service plans with measurable goals
- Data entry of all case notes, housing updates and other documentation required by OHS and RHD into required database systems (i.e. Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); RHD’s Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all pertinent policies, procedures, and regulations of Housing and Urban
- Development (HUD), OHS, RHD, WFC or RHD/Fernwood services.
- Bi weekly client meetings at a minimum
- Orient new residents to the program
- Facilitates the housing process for residents by tracking and submitting documentation for transitional, rapid re-housing, and permanent housing
- Interact with the residents to assist and/or advocate in the achievement of their therapeutic goals
- Supervise and/or interact with residents participating in recreational, social or other related activities as needed
- Refer residents to community services that will help improve support and self sufficiency
- Complete required daily documentation and reports of all forms (paper and electronic)
- Maintain required trainings from OHS, RHD, and RHD/Fernwood
- Monitor resident’s compliance with the standards and expectations of the Office of Homeless Services (OHS),
- Resources for Human Development (RHD) and RHD/Fernwood.
- Assist residents in navigating transportation resources available to them
- Encourage resident to participate in Shelter Savings Plan
- Assist residents with budgeting and money management
- Assist with running community meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Fernwood is a program with RHD’s Philadelphia Behavioral Health and Housing that provides emergency housing services for homeless men (66) year round according to our funder, Philadelphia’s Office of Homeless Services (OHS).
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.
Learn more and apply here: http://rhd.balancetrak.com/PA029CASMGH02202001
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.